Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy (belated) New Year!

Hello all!

The holidays have come and passed, so now it's time to get back into the swing of things. Where we last left off, I had just finished the last of my assigned work that Lizzie gave me to do...and now, it's time to pick the pace up again. I'll be updating the ongoing master output list, which will hopefully also cut down on the amount of time and need-to-find info that I will be working on for these sites. Looking at it now, the list is larger than I last remember, but never fear! I'll be tackling this one location at a time, starting with the kochmer site and slowly making my way down the list Lizzie has posted.

Another project that will be happening this quarter involves the Sweetwater NWR area to look in on exclosures to determine the important of interactions between arthropods and birds in the area and how they affect the fauna. However, considering that southern California received copious amounts rainfall during the holiday weeks, I think that there is a high possibility that the area could either be washed out or at the very least, inundated. Lizzie on the other hand, would like to say otherwise and disagree with my prediction; we'll be able see who is right once we head out there to check out the area.

Exclosure! Or at least, half of it. This is also used to test the intelligence of birds (just kidding!)
And with this said, hopefully the next update I have will include my progress on getting information for the sites listed, and have non-weather related information.

No comments:

Post a Comment